3%
13%

Ääniä yhteensä: 118

sziget
Kanta-asiakas
Kanta-asiakas

Re: Azerbaidžan 2013: Farid Mammadov – Hold me

Viesti Kirjoittaja sziget »

Happy kirjoitti:Mä haluan että tää juttu selvitetään nyt perinpohjin, sillä Azerbaijanin viisumainetta on nyt mustammaalattu valheellisilla tiedoilla, vaikka noille muutamalle liettualaisille tuntuvat sakot kunnianlokkauksesta
En syyttäisi liettualaisia toimittajia. Haastattelussa Liepa Želniené kertoo vain sen mitä tapahtui. Hän ei tiedä, kenen asialla äänikauppaa ehdottaneet miehet todellisuudessa olivat. Siksi ei pitäisi mustamaalata.
Samiasd kirjoitti:I don't have prove but you don't have prove that Azerbaijan didn't buy votes.
Presumtion of innocence (syyttömyysolettama). - Don't you find it a little strange that the mysterious men told all the details of the big scam to Lithuanian students, if they were really working for Azerbaijan? Unless, of course, they were not. Certainly it was a story that many Eurovision fans were eager to believe. But willingness to believe something doesn't necessarily make it true.
Viimeksi muokannut sziget, 22 Touko 2013, 02:30. Yhteensä muokattu 1 kertaa.
If you only see one movie this year, it should be FRANKENHOOKER. - Bill Murray, 1990

Aancon
Kanta-asiakas
Kanta-asiakas

Viesti Kirjoittaja Aancon »

Samiasd kirjoitti:I hated your entry last year and it got top 5 placing too and I can't understand it at all.
Ah, that song is perfection! :ihana: Maybe one of the best ESC songs ever! :kups:

Ei mulla muuta...

:poppari:
Ir laiks, viss kādreiz beidzas. Viens vārds, ej, lai tev veicas. Durvis vējš tūlīt aizraus ciet,
arī man jāaiziet.

hra47
Kanta-asiakas
Kanta-asiakas

Viesti Kirjoittaja hra47 »

Samiasd kirjoitti:
Myself kirjoitti:You have no prove about buying votes. I can't imagine buying votes from 150 mln people from Russian. The same goes to Austria or Hungary.

I didn't tell that we have no money. Yes, we are oil/gas-rich country . Azerbaijan is the most rapid developing country in the world. We prefer invest in our economy rather than pay and get votes from ESC countries. There is no point for that. If you like you vote if you don't you don't. This is how voting works in Eurovision. Lots of people liked our entry and voted for it. I wouldn't never vote for Denmark. Her song was overrated. She won only because of her neighboring countries. In this sense, her victory can never be compared to Loreen or Rybak. Both are truly and obvious winners. Denmark should thank its neighbors.
I don't have prove but you don't have prove that Azerbaijan didn't buy votes.
Syytön kunnes toisin todistetaan. Länsimainen oikeusperiaate joka lienee voimassa Suomessakin...
"Mä nousin tähtiin palata en sieltä voi..."
- Mä elän vieläkin

euroviisuholisti
Laulaa viisuja
Laulaa viisuja

Viesti Kirjoittaja euroviisuholisti »

Myself kirjoitti:
The same goes to Azerbaijan. Azerbaijan won not because we have only 3 neighbor countries to vote for us.

I wouldn't write about "buying" before getting the prove. The false news from Lithuanian Tv is under investigation now. As EBU stated before, those people on the screen are not even Azeries. So why they came with such statement on TV then? Who stands behind them? BTW, there live about 1000 Azeries in Lithuania or 788 according to United Nations Statistics Division (Retrieved 17 January 2012). I think if each of them would vote 10-15 times it would be enough without "paying" for those people on the video.
I think Azerbaijan deserved 2nd place (and winning before) but I hope that they could send some folk music. I dont like a lot that they send so much swedish-style pop-songs (like many other countries).

Those humours about "buying few people votes" are quite stupid. The finnish people could do also the same thing that they give free vodka or few euros if their friends vote for Finland. The bigger problem is if judges are corrupted. But I think there is much bigger problems than some eurovision votes.

euroviisuholisti
Laulaa viisuja
Laulaa viisuja

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/euroviisut/ar ... 35533.html

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/ ... T620130521

Venäjän ulkoministeri Sergei Lavrov ilmaisi tyytymättömyytensä rankin sanoin Azerbaidžanin jätettyä naapurimaansa ilman pisteitä euroviisuissa.

- Emme ole onnellisia siitä, että kilpailijaltamme ryöstetään kymmenen pistettä, Venäjän ulkoministeri Sergei Lavrov napautti.

Lavrov odottaa niin ikään Azerbaidžanin valtion virallista selvitystä viisupistesotkusta.

- Näin törkeä toiminta ei saa jäädä ilman vastausta, Lavrov painotti.

Vilppiä tai ei, Azerbaidžanin presidentti Ilham Aliyev on määrännyt laajan selvityksen euroviisujen pisteidenlaskusta, kertoo uutistoimisto Reuters.

---

Ompas karmaisevaa poliittista peliä. EBU:n edustajien pitäisi ottaa todella vahva kanta tuollaisiin puheisiin, joissa jopa ulkoministeriötasolta kehoitetaan vilpin tekemiseen.

Tämä on vain yksi esimerkki Venäjän halusta hallita lähialueitaan kovalla kädellä ja yksi karmaisevimmista esimerkeistä.

Jatkossa voidaan tosin olla varmoja siitä, että myös Azerbaizen antaa ääniä Venäjälle.

Myself
Siemailija
Siemailija

Viesti Kirjoittaja Myself »

euroviisuholisti kirjoitti: I think Azerbaijan deserved 2nd place (and winning before) but I hope that they could send some folk music. I dont like a lot that they send so much swedish-style pop-songs (like many other countries).

Those humours about "buying few people votes" are quite stupid. The finnish people could do also the same thing that they give free vodka or few euros if their friends vote for Finland. The bigger problem is if judges are corrupted. But I think there is much bigger problems than some eurovision votes.
Thank you for nice comment. Honestly, what I prefer is that Azerbaijan would act as Turkey and will not participate in Eurovision anymore. Otherwise, we will end up in World War 3 or Eurovision Cold War. Azerbaijan didn't give points to Russia, Russia didn't give points to Belarus. Russia gave 1 points to Ukraine, but Ukraine gave 4 points to Russia. Now we have World War 3 in USSSR :rofl: This is sad yet hilarious at the same time.

In general, you are right. I like the mixture of Azerbaijani instruments with pop music. As it was last year in Semi-Final:

This mix with Azeri instruments and pop music sounds good. I wouldn't mind to have something like this in Eurovision:

We have some good composers who can do such fusions, but I don't know why Azerbaijan dont want them for ESC. Anyway, I hope Azerbaijan will quite its Eurovision career as Turkey in next year.
:azerbaidzan:

sziget
Kanta-asiakas
Kanta-asiakas

euroviisuholisti kirjoitti:Ompas karmaisevaa poliittista peliä. EBU:n edustajien pitäisi ottaa todella vahva kanta tuollaisiin puheisiin, joissa jopa ulkoministeriötasolta kehoitetaan vilpin tekemiseen.
Itsehän teet vilppiä, kun kirjoitat perättömiä. Irrotit Lavrovin sanat asiayhteydestään:
Ilta-Sanomat kirjoitti:Venäjälle annetut puhelinäänet olivat jostain syystä jääneet pois lopullisesta tuloksesta. Näin on vahvistanut Azerbaidžanin ulkoministeri Elmar Mammadyarov.
Venäjän olisi siis kuulunut saada 10 pistettä. Lavrov paheksui virhettä, jonka Mammadyarov myönsi. Onko joku tehnyt vilppiä vai minne puhelinäänet katosivat, sitä emme tiedä.
If you only see one movie this year, it should be FRANKENHOOKER. - Bill Murray, 1990

wulfila
Kanta-asiakas
Kanta-asiakas
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja wulfila »

Myself kirjoitti:This mix with Azeri instruments and pop music sounds good. I wouldn't mind to have something like this in Eurovision:

We have some good composers who can do such fusions, but I don't know why Azerbaijan dont want them for ESC.
This comes as no surprise for anyone who knows me and my music tastes, but I would also want to see something like this in ESC :uujee: This song is pure gold, I downloaded it and I'm going to listen to it in the future :joojoo: I also checked out a few other songs by the same artist, I really liked them too. Truly, if Azerbaijan has folk-pop like this, why the hell do they buy songs from Sweden :rofl: (Well, because apparently Swedish pop does well in ESC. And because winning is more important than having a good song or representing one's own music tradition, however amazing that tradition might be. Yes, I get it.)
Na svakom prstu jedan niko me nije vrijedan
Dosta sam ljubila, gubila, sebe ubila

Huilumies
Kanta-asiakas
Kanta-asiakas

Viesti Kirjoittaja Huilumies »

Myself kirjoitti: Before people was blaming Azerbaijan for having Swedish songs, but previous years and as well this year Russia and Georgia had Swedish songs too. But Swedish songs didn't help them so much as Azerbaijan.
I am also among those who blame Azerbaijan for never having music of their own. One year of five or ten using a foreign composer, this can apply to any country. But Azerbaijan always does it. If not Swede, then a Greek. What next? Why never an Azeri composer with music with more Azeri/Caucasian taste? (To not talk about the Azeri language, still never heard in Eurovision… apart from one line in the Bulgarian song 2012)

I asked this question in the Azeri press conference 2012, and I will keep asking it again. (I could have been nasty and added in my question “while other Caucasian countries like Armenia do bring more music of their own”… but I did not want to be thrown out from the Press Centre ;) ) One could think being “patriotic” as you Azeris are, would mean to rely on your own products (like Serbia… never even in English! :peukku: ), rather than trying for any price to be a “cosmopolitan centre” of pop music, attracting foreign composers.

But I see you “Myself” have about the same opinion than me about this. In one paragraph, you proved Azerbaijan has strong musical traditions. Very fine, hope we will hear something from them in Eurovision :) I will listen to your link about Tunzale Agayeva later for sure :)
Myself kirjoitti: Also there was another scandal with Azeri votes to Russia. Our 10 points to Russia are missing. Why? Most my friends in Azerbaijan voted for Dina. But she received 0 points from us. Most my friends and me voted for Azerbaijan here (I didnt't pay them for it ) We got 0 points from Finland. Where is our votes?
Do the Russians not know this year’s system of joining the jury and televoting points was such, that the jury can “destroy” the televoting favorite by giving it low points? And vice versa. Probably the Azeri jury placed Russia low enough to not get points at all.

I fully agree this new system is bad. The favorites of wither jury or televoting should not be “destroyed” by each other. They should count only the top-10’s, like before. Or possibly top-12’s or top-15’s, but not more.

Mutta eikö siis kukaan ole kertonut uudesta systeemistä Venäjän ulkoministeri Sergei Lavroville? ???

Kahvipapu
Baaritiskillä
Baaritiskillä

Viesti Kirjoittaja Kahvipapu »

Huilumies kirjoitti: Why never an Azeri composer with music with more Azeri/Caucasian taste?
Eikös Day After Day ollut ihan azerien säveltämä? :miettii: Ja sehän onkin sitten Azerbaidžanin huonoimmin sijoittunut viisu. :heh:

Myself
Siemailija
Siemailija

wulfila kirjoitti: This comes as no surprise for anyone who knows me and my music tastes, but I would also want to see something like this in ESC :uujee: This song is pure gold, I downloaded it and I'm going to listen to it in the future :joojoo: I also checked out a few other songs by the same artist, I really liked them too. Truly, if Azerbaijan has folk-pop like this, why the hell do they buy songs from Sweden :rofl: (Well, because apparently Swedish pop does well in ESC. And because winning is more important than having a good song or representing one's own music tradition, however amazing that tradition might be. Yes, I get it.)
Thank you!

I don't know why we don't use our own music style in Eurovision. As I said previously we have some good composers who do this kind of music for Azerbaijan. Probably, we are afraid that not everybody will get us in Eurovision and we will lose some points :) Also Azerbaijan does regular concerts in Paris, Moscow or some other European capitals. There we have only this kind of pop music and some traditional, jazz, mugam and classical music. Our Eurovision organization is totally different from other events that we have regularly in Europe.

Since you like this kind of mix, I show you more. These two songs are popular in Azerbaijan now:
Welcome to my World

Göndär-Send me hi

This is our traditional song in new variation:
Getmä getmä gäl- Don't go come back (my love)

P.S since both Azeri and Finnish language are in Altai family. We have some similar words and grammar. So you can get mänä, sänä, mänim, sänin, meshä ets (I-you, me-you, metsä)

euroviisuholisti
Laulaa viisuja
Laulaa viisuja

sziget kirjoitti:
euroviisuholisti kirjoitti:Ompas karmaisevaa poliittista peliä. EBU:n edustajien pitäisi ottaa todella vahva kanta tuollaisiin puheisiin, joissa jopa ulkoministeriötasolta kehoitetaan vilpin tekemiseen.
Itsehän teet vilppiä, kun kirjoitat perättömiä. Irrotit Lavrovin sanat asiayhteydestään:
Ilta-Sanomat kirjoitti:Venäjälle annetut puhelinäänet olivat jostain syystä jääneet pois lopullisesta tuloksesta. Näin on vahvistanut Azerbaidžanin ulkoministeri Elmar Mammadyarov.
Venäjän olisi siis kuulunut saada 10 pistettä. Lavrov paheksui virhettä, jonka Mammadyarov myönsi. Onko joku tehnyt vilppiä vai minne puhelinäänet katosivat, sitä emme tiedä.
Venäjä vaatii myös virallista selvitystä tapahtuneesta. Tietääkseni euroviisut ja poliitikan pitäisi olla erossa toisistaan(?).

Kieltämättä outoa on, jos äänet ovat jälkikäteen kadonneet(?). Toisaalta luulisin kyseisessä maassa olevan niin paljon venäläisiä, että Venäjää äänestettäisiin kappaleesta riippumatta.

wulfila
Kanta-asiakas
Kanta-asiakas
Viesti:

^^ Coincidentally, I already listened to Xosh geldin last night and liked it very much :) And about the other song, Göndär, the singer has an amazing voice! Nom. And in the last link, I love the dramatic composition <3 Seems like I just added one more country to my "obscure favourites" -list :uujee: So far, I've mostly been listening to music from Greece and the Balkans, which is probably why I fell off my chair because of excitement when I heard this:

Funny, mostly I have found these "not-so-mainstream-in-Finland" bands and artists via Eurovision - and I mean the actual contestants - but it took one Azeri ESC fan to intoduce me to Azeri music :heh: While it is true that the masses of people in Europe might not be as excited as I am, I still firmly believe that the contest would be better if every country showed their own musical traditions :joojoo: (I also believe that Greek, Turkish and ex-Yugoslavian people would probably like these more traditional Azeri songs quite a lot :) Sweden, Great Britain, etc., well, not so much. But they have a bad taste anyway :heh: )

Huilumies
Kanta-asiakas
Kanta-asiakas

euroviisuholisti kirjoitti:Venäjä vaatii myös virallista selvitystä tapahtuneesta. Tietääkseni euroviisut ja poliitikan pitäisi olla erossa toisistaan(?).

Kieltämättä outoa on, jos äänet ovat jälkikäteen kadonneet(?). Toisaalta luulisin kyseisessä maassa olevan niin paljon venäläisiä, että Venäjää äänestettäisiin kappaleesta riippumatta.
Äänet tuskin ovat kadonneet yhtään mihinkään, vaan azerien raati äänesti Venäjälle huonon sijoituksen! Lavrov vaan ei tiedä, että tänä vuonna yhdistämissysteemi on eri kuin viime vuonna. Tätä olen sanonut jo vaikka kuinka monta kertaa.

euroviisuholisti
Laulaa viisuja
Laulaa viisuja

Myself kirjoitti: Thank you for nice comment. Honestly, what I prefer is that Azerbaijan would act as Turkey and will not participate in Eurovision anymore. Otherwise, we will end up in World War 3 or Eurovision Cold War. Azerbaijan didn't give points to Russia, Russia didn't give points to Belarus. Russia gave 1 points to Ukraine, but Ukraine gave 4 points to Russia. Now we have World War 3 in USSSR :rofl: This is sad yet hilarious at the same time.

We have some good composers who can do such fusions, but I don't know why Azerbaijan dont want them for ESC. Anyway, I hope Azerbaijan will quite its Eurovision career as Turkey in next year.
I think it could be bad thing for whole Azerbaijan that if they leave from eurovision song contest.

It has over 100 million watchers and it's one of the oldest "nationality meeting"-place. It's nearly impossible get more visibility for your country. Also more european people know nowdays where Azerbaijan is, just becose they are one of the eurovision song contest-countries.

I could say that eurovision winning is like you win gold medal in soccer. It will be remembered and mentioned always.

Russia wants be a rule the roost (like some episodes in Finland have shown) but it will happen anyway.
Viimeksi muokannut euroviisuholisti, 22 Touko 2013, 18:56. Yhteensä muokattu 1 kertaa.

JokuESC
Kanta-asiakas
Kanta-asiakas

Viesti Kirjoittaja JokuESC »

Myself kirjoitti: Those who like Eric Saade style of music will not get her. She is too classy. It is matter of taste. Eurovision is watched by different people with variety of tastes. Luckily, they are fans of all kind of music in Eurovision.
I like Eric Saade and I adore Sabina and "When the music dies". :peukku:

Ticoshay
Kanta-asiakas
Kanta-asiakas

Viesti Kirjoittaja Ticoshay »

I don't give a single fock if Azerbaijan cheated on votes :joojoo: Hold me was a brilliant song and second place was well earned :peukku: And tbh When the music dies is the best euro song like ever :ihana:
LOBODA

Myself
Siemailija
Siemailija

Huilumies kirjoitti: I am also among those who blame Azerbaijan for never having music of their own. One year of five or ten using a foreign composer, this can apply to any country. But Azerbaijan always does it. If not Swede, then a Greek. What next? Why never an Azeri composer with music with more Azeri/Caucasian taste? (To not talk about the Azeri language, still never heard in Eurovision… apart from one line in the Bulgarian song 2012)

I asked this question in the Azeri press conference 2012, and I will keep asking it again. (I could have been nasty and added in my question “while other Caucasian countries like Armenia do bring more music of their own”… but I did not want to be thrown out from the Press Centre ;) ) One could think being “patriotic” as you Azeris are, would mean to rely on your own products (like Serbia… never even in English! :peukku: ), rather than trying for any price to be a “cosmopolitan centre” of pop music, attracting foreign composers.

But I see you “Myself” have about the same opinion than me about this. In one paragraph, you proved Azerbaijan has strong musical traditions. Very fine, hope we will hear something from them in Eurovision :) I will listen to your link about Tunzale Agayeva later for sure :)
What was the answer of your question? :)
Honestly, for me it is not a big deal to use your or some other countries composers. I like the music and if its hit that came out of Eurovision who cares about the country and author? It is not a folk music festival. It is century of Globalization, where every country try to make something similar in order to everybody like it. The same goes to Finland in ESC. Ding Dong was purely Americanized song. Shall I care that this Americanized song was not made by American but Finnish? I liked it and it was in common language and understood by everyone. So if I listen say Russia or Georgia in Eurovision,the last thing what I do I look if the author is Swedish, Russian or Georgian. Because this is anyway, nothing to do with their countries. When Dima Bilan won Eurovision I didn't care to look if the author of the song was Russian or not. I knew that he wasn't Russian only when some started blame us after winning that it is not our victory, because the song was Swedish.
Yet, I would like to have some fusion ethnic-pop Azeri music style in Eurovision. So keep asking them the question :)

Serbia or even Russia can have songs in their own language. Because Serbian language is well understood in whole Balkans (except Greece) and Russian in whole East Europe. But Azeri language is understood only in Azerbaijan and maybe in Turkey. I prefer both Azeries and Serbians have song in English. Even thought I understand both languages, but I get bored If Balkans sings in their own language in ESC. I prefer English. I want words being touched to me as their music.
Huilumies kirjoitti:Do the Russians not know this year’s system of joining the jury and televoting points was such, that the jury can “destroy” the televoting favorite by giving it low points? And vice versa. Probably the Azeri jury placed Russia low enough to not get points at all.

I fully agree this new system is bad. The favorites of wither jury or televoting should not be “destroyed” by each other. They should count only the top-10’s, like before. Or possibly top-12’s or top-15’s, but not more.

Mutta eikö siis kukaan ole kertonut uudesta systeemistä Venäjän ulkoministeri Sergei Lavroville? ???
Azeri juri announced its results yesterday. They put Russia second after Ukraine. Also they announced tele voting results. Russia got 2169 votes (Azercell-1677, Bakcell-380, NarMobile-112) and Ukraine got in total 8494 votes. Why EBU or German company that counts the votes for ESC provocated Azerbaijan against Russia? Where is Azeri votes?
For me the best system would be anonymous voting as in a presidential elections :)

Also there was another provocative video from Lithuanian TV that we paid money to get votes. Yesterday Lithuanian TV said that it was not true and Azerbaijan even wasn't in semi-final together with Lithuania to vote for them as those guys said on the video. Also those people were not even Azeries. They removed the video from their webpage, but why did they spread such provocative news about us? I hope this case will be well investigated. It is not enough to close this case with only "excuse us". Do you see any Azeries here?

Myself
Siemailija
Siemailija

euroviisuholisti kirjoitti: I think it could be bad thing for whole Azerbaijan that if they leave from eurovision song contest.

It has over 100 million watchers and it's one of the oldest "nationality meeting"-place. It's nearly impossible get more visibility for your country. Also more european people know nowdays where Azerbaijan is, just becose they are one of the eurovision song contest-countries.

I could say that eurovision winning is like you win gold medal in soccer. It will be remembered and mentioned always.

Russia wants be a rule the roost (like some episodes in Finland have shown) but it will happen anyway.
We have debates now in Azerbaijan if we shall continue in Eurovision. Because every year after Eurovision we have drama :lohduton: . We have had bad reputation, rather than good. Yes, Eurovision was a good chance for a small country such as Azerbaijan. Yet, people in Helsinki keep asking me where is Azerbaijan. When I say it is former Soviet country between Russia and Turkey. There comes second questions: are you a Russian? :rofl:

If Lithuanian police will not find the provocateurs and sentence them, if the case with Russian points will be not solved, if Azerbaijan will face "political pressure", I think this would be the perfect reason for Azerbaijan to join Turkey and leave the contest next year.

Myself
Siemailija
Siemailija

Kahvipapu kirjoitti:
Huilumies kirjoitti: Why never an Azeri composer with music with more Azeri/Caucasian taste?
Eikös Day After Day ollut ihan azerien säveltämä? :miettii: Ja sehän onkin sitten Azerbaidžanin huonoimmin sijoittunut viisu. :heh:
Yes, we had Day after Day. Yet, not my favorite one :) Also we had Alway with very Azeri flame. Always was partly composed by Arash together with other Swedish composers. Arash's grandfather is an Azeri but he is a Swedish-born.

Myself
Siemailija
Siemailija

wulfila kirjoitti:^^ Coincidentally, I already listened to Xosh geldin last night and liked it very much :) And about the other song, Göndär, the singer has an amazing voice! Nom. And in the last link, I love the dramatic composition <3 Seems like I just added one more country to my "obscure favourites" -list :uujee: So far, I've mostly been listening to music from Greece and the Balkans, which is probably why I fell off my chair because of excitement when I heard this:

Funny, mostly I have found these "not-so-mainstream-in-Finland" bands and artists via Eurovision - and I mean the actual contestants - but it took one Azeri ESC fan to intoduce me to Azeri music :heh: While it is true that the masses of people in Europe might not be as excited as I am, I still firmly believe that the contest would be better if every country showed their own musical traditions :joojoo: (I also believe that Greek, Turkish and ex-Yugoslavian people would probably like these more traditional Azeri songs quite a lot :) Sweden, Great Britain, etc., well, not so much. But they have a bad taste anyway :heh: )
Wulfila,
you have a weird taste :rofl:

I agree with you that we should send more dancing music than Ballads like "Always". It got very popular in Balkans and ex USSR, because it was not ballad.

I don't listen much Azeri music. I know only old singers with new hits lke Tunzale or Röya that I show you previously. I have hear about Ayan but haven't listened her. Thank you for the video :) I will share more videos with you :ihana:

This is one of the old singers too-Aygun Kazimova. Her song Yenä Täk was popular last year.
Yenä Täk (Again alone)

Hayat ona guzel 2012- Life is beautiful for him

Deki deki-Say say (him that I am alone)

İkinci Sän-you are the second

Here come more from Roya-Sänä Görə (Because of you)

Röya - Unutmaq İstədim-I wanted to forget (you)

Roya "Bälkä dä" -May be

Oh! I just found this! This is cover from the most famous Azeri singer-Muslim Magomayev. This song was in the grand Final of Eurovision in Baku 2012. I am surprised that someone from US covered it.

You know this too-Dima Bilan & Nikki Jamal - Come Into My World

wulfila
Kanta-asiakas
Kanta-asiakas
Viesti:

Myself kirjoitti:Wulfila,
you have a weird taste :rofl:
Yeah I get that a lot :rofl:
Myself kirjoitti:This is one of the old singers too-Aygun Kazimova. Her song Yenä Täk was popular last year.
She has an interesting voice :) The song Yenä Täk itself sounds like some kind of jazz/reggae/salsa mixture. If I only heard the melody, I would guess it's from South America rather than Azerbaijan :heh: Not bad, though :peukku: Hayat ona guzel, Deki deki, and İkinci Sän on the other hand, all of them were exatly the type of music that I mostly listen to.

And Röya is amazing! <3 Lovely songs, amazing voice, lovely vibrato, and she looks beautiful too :rakkaus: iWant. :mrgreen: ...From what I gather, azeri music sounds a lot like Balkan, both the rhythm and melodies. With some jazz thrown in occasionally (in Unutmaq İstədim, for instance). Listening to Bälkä dä, I thought it could just as well be done by one of my Bosnian/Serbian favourites, Seka Aleksić. Here is one song of hers, for reference.

Seems like we have wandered quite far from the original topic (which was Farid's ESC-song)... :heh: But thank you, dear "Myself", for these tips on great music. I'm sure I'll find many more, now that it has been brought to my attention that these pearls exist. :peukku:

sziget
Kanta-asiakas
Kanta-asiakas

Myself kirjoitti:We have debates now in Azerbaijan if we shall continue in Eurovision. Because every year after Eurovision we have drama :lohduton: .
I strongly hope that Azerbaijan stays and Turkey comes back as soon as possible. New countries saved the contest in the 90's and in the last ten years it has been more interesting than ever, thanks to Eastern Europe. I would also have some questions to Viisukuppila about the way they reported the Lithuanian video on Monday. I just haven't had enough time to formulate those questions yet.
Myself kirjoitti:Honestly, for me it is not a big deal to use your or some other countries composers. I like the music and if its hit that came out of Eurovision who cares about the country and author? It is not a folk music festival.
True. I would love to hear something like Tunzale Agayeva (above) in the contest, but it's up to each country what kind of music they want to present. I liked Running scared, although Day after day is my favourite of your entries so far. But it doesn't matter what I think, the rest of Finland will keep on voting for Sweden anyway.
Myself kirjoitti:Serbia or even Russia can have songs in their own language. Because Serbian language is well understood in whole Balkans (except Greece) and Russian in whole East Europe. But Azeri language is understood only in Azerbaijan and maybe in Turkey.
Estonia has had three high positions singing in Estonian (1996, 2009 and 2012), although only Finns understand the language. Of course you are more likely to get high points singing in English, but it depends on the song, too. I get bored if all I hear is English everywhere. Cultural diversity is what I like in Europe, and linguistic diversity is an essential part of it. Unsurprisingly Bulgaria, Portugal and Bosnia-Hertsegovina have been my favourite Eurovision countries in the last few years. They may never win, but the contest is not all about winning.
Huilumies kirjoitti:Mutta eikö siis kukaan ole kertonut uudesta systeemistä Venäjän ulkoministeri Sergei Lavroville? ???
Myself jo vastasi tähän. Venäjä oli toinen sekä puhelinäänissä että yhteispisteissä, mutta puhelinäänet katosivat ja tuloksena oli nolla pistettä. Näin asia myös alun perin uutisoitiin. Lavrovin ei tarvinnut tuntea sääntöjä, vaan hän sai tiedon Azerbaidžanilta. Miten maa voisi edes äänestää, jos sen yleisradioyhtiö ei tuntisi sääntöjä?
euroviisuholisti kirjoitti:Venäjä vaatii myös virallista selvitystä tapahtuneesta. Tietääkseni euroviisut ja poliitikan pitäisi olla erossa toisistaan(?).
Olet oikeassa, kilpailuun politiikka ei kuulu. Mutta jos jälkeenpäin epäillään pisteitä kadonneen jopa poliittisista syistä, tärkeintä on selvittää totuus. Kieltämättä vaikea kuvitella, että Erkki Tuomioja raivoaisi tv:ssä ja vaatisi Ruotsia selvittämään, minne Kristalle tarkoitetut pisteet katosivat. :heh:
Viimeksi muokannut sziget, 23 Touko 2013, 03:07. Yhteensä muokattu 1 kertaa.

Huilumies
Kanta-asiakas
Kanta-asiakas

sziget kirjoitti:
Huilumies kirjoitti:Mutta eikö siis kukaan ole kertonut uudesta systeemistä Venäjän ulkoministeri Sergei Lavroville? ???
Myself jo vastasi tähän. Venäjä oli toinen sekä puhelinäänissä että yhteispisteissä, mutta puhelinäänet katosivat ja tuloksena oli nolla pistettä. Näin asia myös alun perin uutisoitiin.
Kuulin nyt Myselfilta ensimmäistä kertaa, että myös Azerbaidzhanin raati oli sijoittanut Venäjän kakkoseksi. Ok, silloinhan pisteitä on ilman muuta "kadonnut" ja Venäjän huomautus on aiheellinen. Mutta edes tuossa linkissäsi tätä ei mainita. Siinähän lukee korkeintaan: "Voters and the official Azerbaijan jury in fact gave strong backing to the Russian entry, according to officials." "Strong backing" tarkoittanee, että raatikin sijoitti sen korkealle, muttei siinä kakkossijaa kerrota. Voisi jopa kuvitella, että BBC:n toimittajana oli tietämätön ei-viisufani, joka ei täysin ymmärrä koko äänestyskontekstin detaljeja. Silloin hän on voinut kirjoittaa noin "varmuuden vuoksi" kun ei jaksanut perehtyä asiaan sen enempää.

euroviisuholisti
Laulaa viisuja
Laulaa viisuja

Myself kirjoitti: We have debates now in Azerbaijan if we shall continue in Eurovision. Because every year after Eurovision we have drama :lohduton: . We have had bad reputation, rather than good. Yes, Eurovision was a good chance for a small country such as Azerbaijan. Yet, people in Helsinki keep asking me where is Azerbaijan. When I say it is former Soviet country between Russia and Turkey. There comes second questions: are you a Russian? :rofl:

If Lithuanian police will not find the provocateurs and sentence them, if the case with Russian points will be not solved, if Azerbaijan will face "political pressure", I think this would be the perfect reason for Azerbaijan to join Turkey and leave the contest next year.
I think you not need mention that Azerbaijan is the ex-Soviet Union country. The Soviet Union reputation isnt very good in Finland or nearly anywhere.

http://www.hs.fi/paakirjoitukset/Eurovi ... 7653071403
(Writer is ex. finnish prime minister) (23.5.2012)

She is telling that a human rights are bad in Azerbaijan and some forces wants leave country from the eurovision song contest. But does it improve get the human rights and a opposition situation to better?

"Ihmisoikeuksia ei edistetä eristämisellä vaan avoimuudella ja vapaalla tiedonkululla. Uutisointi Azerbaidžanin tilanteesta ja Euroviisuista voi pitkällä aikavälillä vahvistaa ihmisoikeuksia ja demokraattisia voimia."

The human rights are not improved if country is isolating from others. They can get only better at freedom and freedom of speech. The news about Azerbaijan situation and the eurovision song contest can be in long way help the human rights and democratic forces.

wulfila
Kanta-asiakas
Kanta-asiakas
Viesti:

^ I hardly think this is the place to discuss politics. I also think that most young people don't have strong opinions about Soviet Union, because the matter never touched them personally.

sziget
Kanta-asiakas
Kanta-asiakas

Huilumies kirjoitti:Kuulin nyt Myselfilta ensimmäistä kertaa, että myös Azerbaidzhanin raati oli sijoittanut Venäjän kakkoseksi. Ok, silloinhan pisteitä on ilman muuta "kadonnut" ja Venäjän huomautus on aiheellinen. Mutta edes tuossa linkissäsi tätä ei mainita. Siinähän lukee korkeintaan: "Voters and the official Azerbaijan jury in fact gave strong backing to the Russian entry, according to officials." "Strong backing" tarkoittanee, että raatikin sijoitti sen korkealle, muttei siinä kakkossijaa kerrota.
Ei, mutta yhdessä muiden tietojen kanssa "strong backing" kertoo tarpeeksi. Azerbaidžanin yleisradioyhtiö epäili äänestyksen peukalointia. Epäilyn täytyi perustua siihen, että raadin "strong backing" ja puhelinäänestyksen tulos yhdessä olivat ristiriidassa nollan kanssa eli Venäjä todella näytti menettäneen pisteitä. Venäjän-suurlähettiläs informoi venäläisiä eli kertoi presidentin määränneen tutkimuksen. Lavrov ei siis keksinyt tuloksen peukalointia vaan hänelle kerrottiin yleisradioyhtiössä ilmennyt epäily, ja siellä oletettavasti tunnettiin säännöt.

sziget
Kanta-asiakas
Kanta-asiakas

Keskiviikkona 15min.lt julkaisi sen opiskelijan tarinan, joka antoi vihjeen ääntenostajista toimittajille.

Lithuanian student who helped uncover possible Eurovision vote rigging scheme

TOMItu
Keittiömestari
Keittiömestari

Viesti Kirjoittaja TOMItu »

Hienoa tässä on se, että asiaa yritetään selvittää. Mutta luottamus siihen, ettei asiaan liity politiikka mitenkään on yhtä luja usko, kuin rikkinäiseen ilmapalloon.

Mitenhän kävisi, jos Venäjä ei osallistuisi Tanskan viisuihin? Osaisivatko sen naapurivaltiot antaa ääniään ollenkaan? :surrur:

Huilumies
Kanta-asiakas
Kanta-asiakas

Myself kirjoitti:
Huilumies kirjoitti: I am also among those who blame Azerbaijan for never having music of their own. One year of five or ten using a foreign composer, this can apply to any country. But Azerbaijan always does it. If not Swede, then a Greek. What next? Why never an Azeri composer with music with more Azeri/Caucasian taste?
First, I admit that I exaggerated. Yes, in 2008 everything in AZE’s song was Azeri. (Though, a very weird song, I bet it was not exactly Azeri mainstream pop! :heh: ) Also in 2009, Arash (whom I count as Azeri even if born in Sweden) made the song, with the help of Swedes and Greeks. But ok. “Always” is btw still my favourite ESC song from AZE, you are right, it has a taste of what I suppose to be an Azeri sound. And Aysel is sooo beautiful, I would have voted her right Miss Eurovision 2009 ;) I think she should have had a bigger role on stage in Moscow, the video was far better.
Myself kirjoitti:
Huilumies kirjoitti: I asked this question in the Azeri press conference 2012, and I will keep asking it again. (I could have been nasty and added in my question “while other Caucasian countries like Armenia do bring more music of their own”… but I did not want to be thrown out from the Press Centre ;) ) One could think being “patriotic” as you Azeris are, would mean to rely on your own products (like Serbia… never even in English! :peukku: ), rather than trying for any price to be a “cosmopolitan centre” of pop music, attracting foreign composers.
What was the answer of your question? :)
I have written it down, should look for it, but as I remember now, something like this: “Azerbaijan wants to have the best quality for its ESC song, therefore we have cooperation with Swedish composers… And our performance has Azeri elements too, (they gave some details about the stage performance, maybe some instruments and some choreography).” So I did not really get any answer, nor a promise to have more Azeri flavor some year. National instruments or choreography is not enough for me, if the whole song could come from anywhere in the world.

In a Swedish newspaper, I read more about AZE’s attitude to ESC, about the will to be somewhat a cosmopolitan centre for good pop music… I will get it and refer it later.
Myself kirjoitti: Honestly, for me it is not a big deal to use your or some other countries composers. I like the music and if its hit that came out of Eurovision who cares about the country and author? It is not a folk music festival. It is century of Globalization, where every country try to make something similar in order to everybody like it.
“Myself”, I see your attitude is a million miles away from mine. Let me tell you my history.

I was born in a bilingual family, Finnish and Swedish spoken. A part of my childhood I spent in a French-speaking country, where I also learnt German at school. No English so far. There, I watched my first Eurovision, and it was so nice to have different countries competing with music on stage! :) At that time, I understood only those 4 languages and had a clue on their relative languages as well (such as Norwegian, Danish and Dutch). But non-understanding of some languages did not disturb me at all!

Later on, I more and more loved the possibility to have every year music form different corners of Europe in their own languages. At that time, there was no http://www.diggiloo.net to check the lyrics, so I had to sing e.g. Turkish songs just how I heard them, it was so fun! :ihana: I treated English (which I then had at school) equal with other languages, for example Ireland was my winner in 1988. But what I hated, was when some countries put foreign sentences in their songs, this spoiled the song in most cases.

In the mid-1990’s, I was so happy to welcome so much new countries to Eurovision. Also in my life, I had those years a big boom towards Eastern Central Europe: Poland, Slovakia, Hungary… only Czechs were missing from Eurovision. I loved to hear their languages too!

I was VERY disappointed when I heard in 1999 the language rule would be spoiled. Immediately, this lead to more than half of the songs being in English :( More than half of the fun in Eurovision was spoiled. And some countries have since then never ever tried with their own language! Speaking about Sweden (3-time winner in Swedish!), Denmark, Belarus, Georgia, Azerbaijan… Own languages have been used by Romania only ½ song, by Netherlands, Norway, Iceland only once…

Come on, you do not need to understand the lyrics when you hear the song! Many people do not even care about lyrics, even if they could understand them. You can always read the lyrics in Diggiloo, they have translation in English. And Finnish TV is in the lucky situation to have subtitles, which tell us the story during the song. It is useful even when the song is in English, don’t think the articulation is so clear on stage!

For me, Eurovision needs to be somewhat a folk song, folk pop song or ethno pop festival. It shall NOT be fully cosmopolitized/globalized! You must hear from where about the song comes! At least most songs, you should. When I meet non-Eurovision-fans, one of the most common reactions is: “I don’t like when everybody sings in English!” More and more people would like to have national flavours in ESC songs, not only me!
Myself kirjoitti: The same goes to Finland in ESC. Ding Dong was purely Americanized song. Shall I care that this Americanized song was not made by American but Finnish? I liked it and it was in common language and understood by everyone.
If Finland would every year send an “americanized song” like “Marry me”, I would also complain. But it does not. The last 6 years, we have had 3 (!) songs in some of our national languages: 2008, 2010 and 2012. Among those, especially “Työlki ellää” from 2010 was very Finnish also by music style. AZE should send this Tunzalә Agayeva or somebody similar for a couple of years and I stop complaining :)
Myself kirjoitti: every country try to make something similar in order to everybody like it
Yes, but this does not mean every tv viewer wants only similar things which he/she has heard before or which could come from anywhere. Do not underestimate the demand for national flavor in music! People do not want a dull pop contest, they want interesting music from different corners of Europe!
Myself kirjoitti: Yet, I would like to have some fusion ethnic-pop Azeri music style in Eurovision. So keep asking them the question :)
I will :)
Myself kirjoitti: Serbia or even Russia can have songs in their own language. Because Serbian language is well understood in whole Balkans (except Greece) and Russian in whole East Europe. But Azeri language is understood only in Azerbaijan and maybe in Turkey. I prefer both Azeries and Serbians have song in English. Even thought I understand both languages, but I get bored If Balkans sings in their own language in ESC. I prefer English.
No, no, no! The more English, the more dull and spoiled. I refer to Sziget’s examples about Estonia’s good placings. They can come also without English. Countries should try more, and more examples would occur.

Lukittu