Discussion in English

Евровидение 2009 пройдет в Москве! Добро пожаловать! Euroviisut 2009 Moskovassa - Eurovision Song Contest 2009 in Moscow [rss]
murka
Kanta-asiakas
Kanta-asiakas

Discussion in English

Viesti Kirjoittaja murka »

Hello!
Let's start ESC discussion in English here.
Viisukuppila (Loose translation is Eurovisioncafe) is a nice place and let's keep it's athmosphere as positive as possible.

k2ngu
Alaikäinen
Alaikäinen

Re: Discussion in English

Viesti Kirjoittaja k2ngu »

That's a good idea^. So, spill your minds here, people! xD.
Ei reeda me maad ei vanemaid
Ei põlist usku ei paganaid
Hoiame hunte hoiame metsi
Nad osa meie veresulastest -- Metsatöll.

murka
Kanta-asiakas
Kanta-asiakas

Hello!I tried to translate some words of Passionworks and Tony Turunen.So,I apologize my bad English :lohduton: but I tried to do as well I could.

Passionworks represents this year rock music in finnish ESC-trials.Passionworks has made 2 albums,one of albums is made in German language.Kristian Pihlajaharju,the bassist of Passionworks,told that Passionworks wanted to take part Finnish ESC-trials last year and this year Passionworks was lucky and got trial place.
Kristian Pihlajaharju believes that Passionworks is now better known in Europe.Passionworks was on Tarja Tutunen's "Winter Storm" tour.
Kristian Pihlajaharju is specially exicited about ESC-trials song of Passionworks.Song has been made 2 years ago and will now be performated as a duet song with Tony Turunen.
Tony Turunen is a new musician and lives in Espoo.Tony was too on Tarja Turunen's "Winter Storm" tour and made a deep impression when he sang "The Phantom of the Opera" with Tarja.Tony keeps on making music with his own bands too.
Tony has studied music in Middle Karelia Music Institute.He studied music theory and drums.
Passionworks and Tony Turunen believe to be able to give interesting expression to Finnish ESC-trials.Of course all of them would like to get one step nearer to international music business.
The permanent vocalist of Passionworks is Harriet Hägglund.Her artist name is Harry.
Kristian Pihlajaharju plays bass,Tomi Meriläinen plays guitar and Markus Lintulainen plays drums.
Kristian Pihlajaharju supposes that ESC-song of Passionworks may be the heaviest song of this years trials.In song will be used strings and Kristian promises that guitar part of the song is easy to remember after first listening of Passionworks song.
Kristian drop a hint about songs lyrics.Songs lyrics will tell about family violence.

You can find more information of Passionworks www.passionworksmusic.com

You can check too www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcvAhnIi27w and www.youtube.com/watch?BJUDnmBhFZ4&feature=related

Good luck for Tony and Passionworks :tuuletus:

k2ngu
Alaikäinen
Alaikäinen

I'll pray to god that this or any other metal song would get chosen to represent Finland -.- If it's going to be any other europop, then the people have not learned anything form Lordi :D. Though, Teräsbetoni didn't do quite as well as I hoped it would.. but anyways, let's keep our fingers crossed for Toni! :peukku:

k2ngu
Alaikäinen
Alaikäinen

about Estonian ESC.

The national broadcasting declared a competition called Estonian Song 2009

Ten songs will participate in the national pre-selective competition. There will be an open competition and no invitations will be given to this year's composers.

The competitive song, data included, must arrive to the Estonian Song organizing committee no later than 8th of December. To participate in the competition, one must save the song to a quality sound-carrying device. One must add the lyrics, the names of the composers and performers and a signed affirmation to the device, that neither the lyrics nor music has not been made public before this year's 1st of October.

This time the decision to find ten competing songs will not be made anonymously; the names of both the composers and performers must be handed in in the same envelope as the sound-carrying device.

The judges will decide about the songs by 11th of December. The songs that will participate in the national finals will be declared on the same evening in a national TV channel ETV.

Heidy Purga, the producer of the Estonian Song, explained the change of the name with choosing a new way.

“We are expecting and hoping songs from the musicians that would suit for them and for the people living in Estonia,” Purga said. “Musicians can not lose their identity because of an international competition and hence turn into some 'europroducts'.”

Next year's February will become a Month of the Song in Estonian Television, when viewers will be introduced to every song, composer and performer.

“This is the biggest show for the promotion of local pop music,” Mart Normet, entertainment shows' affairs' director in ETV, said. “Hopefully now and in the future we can offer the best song in ten years for Estonian nation.”

The first how that introduces the songs will be broadcast live in the beginning of February. Before the finals, there will be shows that introduce the songs and composers. The shows will last for a month. Estonian Song 2009, Eurovision Song Contest's Estonian final, will be shown on 7th of March 2009, where will become clear which song will go and represent Estonia in Moscow, ESC's 54th contest.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
So, this is the recent news about Estonian ESC new rules and new spirits. I humbly wish that you all would be easy on me about the countless grammar mistakes because this text was freakin' complicated xD (and we all know that English has too little words to match the Finno-Ugric languages' ample vocabulary :heh: ). I hope I was of help.
Ei reeda me maad ei vanemaid
Ei põlist usku ei paganaid
Hoiame hunte hoiame metsi
Nad osa meie veresulastest -- Metsatöll.

redhawk
Alaikäinen
Alaikäinen

Viesti Kirjoittaja redhawk »

Hello, this is I great idea! Today is my first day I´m looking at viisukuppila so it will take some time to get started with everything. I hope I will find time to take past in the discussions, but I cant promiss anything...

murka
Kanta-asiakas
Kanta-asiakas

Good morning!
Now and at least I'll write some words of Sani.
Finns remember Sani from band with name Aikakone,later Aika.Aikakone was very popular in Finland at 90's .You can check www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aikakone.
You can check too one song of Aikakone "Nti Groove (Miss Groove)" from address www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnEr9_rdxLU .
You can check too one song of Aika,"Stay" from address www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziUeVzH0SzA&feature=related .
After that Sani has been singing as a solo artist and she has been written lyrics for the other artists too.
Sani has made 2 solo albums:"Kaikki laulut" 2005 ( Check www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhuvFtRYVM ) and "Pedon kynnet",2008.
Now Sani keeps on making her third album.
Maki Kolehmainen has composed 2 songs for Sani's finnish ESC-trials.We will see if Sani will sing a groovy song or a strong ballad.
Maki Kolehmainen has composed too Laura Voutilainen's ESC song "Addicted to you" and you can check it from page www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eHKcBQwEeU .
Good luck for Sani :peukku: !

Cyrano
Kanta-asiakas
Kanta-asiakas

Viesti Kirjoittaja Cyrano »

Finnish entry to ESC this year is "Lose control" by Waldo's People

http://www.waldospeople.fi/en/

Kun rakkaus kerran voittaa, pois ihmisten kateus silloin jää.
Kun päivä tuo kerran koittaa, se kaikki kansat yhdistää.
Voi rakkaus tuskan poistaa, ei ihmiset sotiaan silloin käy.
Vain aurinko lämmin loistaa ja pelkoa ei missään näy.

Lukittu