Eurovision discussion in English

Ei-vuosikohtaisen viisukeskustelun arkisto.
TobSon
Baaritiskillä
Baaritiskillä
Viesti:

Well said, Chris...

Viesti Kirjoittaja TobSon »

My opinion completely... Or, we could have a thread where people discuss the use of national languages and the return of the orchestra until the day the world ends... :wink:
On est sur la terre
pour se laisser faire
y'a pas d'mal à s'faire du bien
*******France 1974********

http://tobsonineuroland.blogs.se

JukkaV
Kanta-asiakas
Kanta-asiakas
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja JukkaV »

Well, few basic points:

1. Language is the main thing in thinking. Without language no one can think.
2. Creating culture needs first language and other symbols.
3. Using one language is monoculturalism.
4. Brainwashing has done people as believers. They believe in international things and internationality is multiculturalism, not monoculturalism (Anglo-American culture) though many people believe so.
5. It is more important to participate (and create real multiculturalism) to Eurovision Song Contest than attempt to win it.
Rohkeutta on käytettävä voimavarana, jotta voi pyrkiä inhimillisen elämän järjestämiseen tulevaisuudessakin. :)

barbarossa
Kanta-asiakas
Kanta-asiakas

Viesti Kirjoittaja barbarossa »

I agree with Chris ja TobSon! Please, do have your language discussion somewhere else. [-o<
"Laka laulaja kielsi tulemasta alas parvekkeelta ennen kuin rakkaus kestää... " -Pokušaj

TobSon
Baaritiskillä
Baaritiskillä
Viesti:

Language...

Well, if there are more important things to the ESC than to win it, the Finland has really been successful so far... :wink: But I would want us to win. That could very well happen with a song in Finnish, but also with a song in English, Swedish, French or Serbo-Croat.
Let's just pick a good song, shall we? :wink:
On est sur la terre
pour se laisser faire

Jónsì
Kanta-asiakas
Kanta-asiakas

Re: Language...

Viesti Kirjoittaja Jónsì »

TobSon kirjoitti:Let's just pick a good song, shall we? :wink:
Language might be the "crown" for a good song. But I'd like to see some really interesting inventations in ESC. Italian and Sami, Basque, Breton etc. No to "all in English", yes to minor languages!

Ok, no one understands me anyway so I will be quiet.
Mistä tän saa poistettua? Apua!

TobSon
Baaritiskillä
Baaritiskillä
Viesti:

Change of subject

To speak about something else for a while... Has anyone made public as yet how many votes were cast in the first semi? It would be interesting to know the ratings, how many people called, etc... Any news? :?:
On est sur la terre
pour se laisser faire

Katten-Gustaf
Kanta-asiakas
Kanta-asiakas

Viesti Kirjoittaja Katten-Gustaf »

barbarossa kirjoitti:I agree with Chris ja TobSon! Please, do have your language discussion somewhere else. [-o<
I agree! Please, do have it somewhere else... Thank God, Huilumies is out of country... 8)
...kan inte säga nej,
jag måste släppa tag,
du vinner över mig...

Timoteus
Viinuri
Viinuri
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Timoteus »

OK, stopping the language discussion sounds fine to me if the subject irritates that many (it actually irritates me too but I'm easily provoked).

About the number of votes in the first semifinal, nothing has been told. Some things can be calculated based on the voting results of and standings after each area. Eg. the votes of Eastern Finland were only between 0,77 % and 2,7 % of the total number! 69 votes would be the minimum amount that could create the distribution of votes that was shown for E. Finland and therefore we can conclude that there were at least 2256 votes in total. ;) In reality, of course, there were more but without any absolute number of votes, no approximation can be made.
Jos et pärjää tietokoneellesi shakissa, kokeile potkunyrkkeilyä.

TobSon
Baaritiskillä
Baaritiskillä
Viesti:

Voting

It is all so typical... The SVT always reveals the exact number of votes in the end of each semi final... :roll:
And if the number of voters is low... then it just makes so much more sense to vote in the upcoming semis, since your vote is going to have much more impact that way... :twisted:
On est sur la terre
pour se laisser faire

gentedimare
Kanta-asiakas
Kanta-asiakas

Viesti Kirjoittaja gentedimare »

Katten-Gustaf kirjoitti:Thank God, Huilumies is out of country... 8)
But not for long!!! :lol:
And when he returns............. OH MY GOD! :shock: :lol:
Diggi-loo diggi-ley alla tittar på mig
Där jag går i mina gyllne skor
Jag dansade omkring på gatan
Och hela världen den log
Diggi-loo diggi-ley

Timoteus
Viinuri
Viinuri
Viesti:

Maybe the full voting results will be revealed next Summer. :lol: At least YLE revealed the full results of last year's semifinals on their site in June.

TobSon
Baaritiskillä
Baaritiskillä
Viesti:

Phone numbers

:evil: :evil: :evil:
Well, it seems YLE won't change the graphic presentations for next week. They all think it looks SO nice with all the phone numbers in the way. WHY is everyone here unable to make good tv-shows? It just makes you want to cry... bigcry:
Maybe I don't want Finland to win ever... I don't dare imagine what horrific ideas the YLE could come up with for the big final...
:microwave:
Viimeksi muokannut TobSon, 16 Tammi 2005, 22:09. Yhteensä muokattu 1 kertaa.
On est sur la terre
pour se laisser faire

Timoteus
Viinuri
Viinuri
Viesti:

Re: Phone numbers

TobSon kirjoitti:Well, it seems YLE won't change the graphic presentations for next week. They all think it looks SO nice with all the phone numbers in the way.
Well, I never believed they would change anything but did someone actually say somewhere that the system is to stay? Stupid decisions should be overruled but I guess YLE can now argue that "now that we already used it, we have to continue doing so for continuity". :roll:
TobSon kirjoitti:Maybe I don't want Finland to win ever... I don't dare imagine what hottific ideas the YLE could come up with for the big final...
Hmm.. this idea of showing all the voting numbers all the time would be really interesting for the big final. Then we wouldn't see any of the performances, just a list of the telephone numbers. What a marvelous idea! :lol:

TobSon
Baaritiskillä
Baaritiskillä
Viesti:

Maybe it's just me being overly bitter... But I can't help it! Why on EARTH do they have to mess up like this? And how come I never see it coming? :evil:
On est sur la terre
pour se laisser faire

TobSon
Baaritiskillä
Baaritiskillä
Viesti:

Calmer now...

I am trying to cool down and not to be as upset by that lousy production that the YLE spend our license-fees on, and just hope that we will, once this monster beast of a semifinalprocedure is over, find ourselves with a song worthy a Eurovision final on our lap... Please please please... [-o<
On est sur la terre
pour se laisser faire

JuhaUK
Portsari
Portsari

Viesti Kirjoittaja JuhaUK »

But still, comparing to the semis last year, this surely can't have been worse? (I still have not seen this year's) Those two minimalistic studio affairs were hardly very exciting... And for the final in Tampere we of course expect much better, than last year :lol: Then again, I really enjoyed the final in the hall, and said it was the best ever, but it did not look quite as good on TV. And really the dynamics of the sound in YLE music shows seems to leave a lot to improvement, why is it always so low?
Hello Hi!

KrisB
Maistelija
Maistelija

So, Semi final 2

Viesti Kirjoittaja KrisB »

What do you all feel about the 2nd Semi.

Definately weaker than the first.. which makes me worried. :shock:

No song that really jumps out at me at all, and I should really love Momocat, but even that leaves me a bit cold. Perhaps because I listen to multi-culti rap all day at work, and I've heard much much better.
So this is my ranking after 2 listens...

1) Sanna Majuri - Just One Kiss
2) Momocat - Europa Europa
3) Anna Stenlund - One More Chance

4) Geir Rönning & Nina Tapio - My One And Only Love
5) Christian Forss - Everything But Still Nothing
6) Kimmo Kouri - My Life, My Love

ZetZet
Kanta-asiakas
Kanta-asiakas

Viesti Kirjoittaja ZetZet »

Semi 2 was sdifinately worse than first one was... I only liked Momocat.

Lotossa saa toiset ja toiset taas ei, heissan heissan heissulivei!

TobSon
Baaritiskillä
Baaritiskillä
Viesti:

2nd semi...

Juha... Concerning your feeling that this semi hardly could be worse than last year's semis... You ain't seen nothing yet. And neither have we, as phone numbers block out EVERYTHING on stage... furious3: I wonder who we should whip? action-smiley-047:

Well, the second semi... what can I say? Weak...

CHRISTIAN FORSS
He isn't the most charismatic one in the class, is he? And the song? Typically whining Patrick Linman-lyrics, nothing to remember. Out! Unless all hormone-deafened teen girls vote massively for him. Hope not. :roll:

GEIR & NINA
I still haven't quite forgiven them for changing the lyrics into English, and it feels this is not the right song for Geir. Nina should have done it alone. Or why not Ami Aspelund in Swedish? This kind of song is bound to bring Finland at least 15 points or so in the Kiev semifinal... :-k

SANNA
I know the intro is stolen from Michael Jackson. I couldn't care less. At least there is some tempo and some attitude here. Would be nice to have this one in Tampere at least. music-smiley-010:

KIMMO
Elvis is alive! Or is he? I thought he was just mumbling, but it really is bad english. No way, José. [-(

ANNA
How desperate can a singer be to enter the national final again? Last year she had a good song, this year there is no hope. A complete mess. icon_toilet:

MOMOCAT
Nice try and very exotic with arabic influences in a Finnish final. Then maybe I think others will make the oriental touch in a more trustworthy way in Kiev, but if this one won't make it to Tampere, the effect of my jaw dropping into the ground will make it onto the Richter scale. :ukliam2:

On to Tampere:

1 - Momocat
2 - Sanna Majuri
3 - Nina & Geir
------------------------------------
4 - Christian Forss
5 - Anna Stenlund
6 - Kimmo Kouri

But given the fact that A & N won the last semi makes me think that probably Kimmo will get some 49% of the votes... :roll:
On est sur la terre
pour se laisser faire

eepu4
Kanta-asiakas
Kanta-asiakas

Viesti Kirjoittaja eepu4 »

Better the devil...

I´m not sure that it is better to make europe sleep in kiev ,
with some boring entry.
Or make europe smile with momocat.

But Momocat best so far.
jos todella rakastat rakkautta sanot
rakastavasi rakkaudella
niin silloin rakkaus rakastaa
niin silloin rakkaus rakastaa rakastaa sinuakin

Chris
Kanta-asiakas
Kanta-asiakas
Viesti:

Re: 2nd semi...

Viesti Kirjoittaja Chris »

TobSon kirjoitti:

On to Tampere:

1 - Momocat
2 - Sanna Majuri
3 - Nina & Geir
------------------------------------
4 - Christian Forss
5 - Anna Stenlund
6 - Kimmo Kouri

But given the fact that A & N won the last semi makes me think that probably Kimmo will get some 49% of the votes... :roll:
You're hilarious, man...you really are...!
:lol: :lol: :lol: laughing-smiley-014:

TobSon
Baaritiskillä
Baaritiskillä
Viesti:

Hilarious? Little old me?

I thought I was just losing my faith in the Finnish people. Just look at the poll for this week? Sanna Majuri is LAST? It's like... hello? Anybody home? speechless-smiley-040:
Did everybody blow their fuses? There are MORE people willing to invest their 50 cents to support Kimmo Kuori than Sanna? Now what is WRONG with people? boxing:
On est sur la terre
pour se laisser faire

Timoteus
Viinuri
Viinuri
Viesti:

I'm a bit surprised about Sanna's dispopularity myself but mind you, everyone has only one vote in our system and you don't have Sanna at the first place yourself!! She was a close second runner-up on my original list but with a few re-listenings I'm not that sure anymore. Her song has grown on me more than Geir & Nina's and Momocat's and now all the three of them are pretty much equal faves to me and the performances on Friday will determine which one(s) of them I will vote for. I'm not sure if I'm naive or hopeful but I have a feeling that they will all perform well.

However, not all of them make it to Tampere as Christian will definitely be in the top three. After all, he did finish fourth in the Idols which is the envy of all mankind and easily overshadows the achievements of all the other competitors combined. The female part of A & N finished 9th in Idols and ended up winning her semifinal with 24 % of the votes so it would be fairly logical to assume that Christian will be the one who gets 49 % of the votes in this semifinal, not Kimmo. When it happens, don't say you weren't warned.

TobSon
Baaritiskillä
Baaritiskillä
Viesti:

Well...

I did vote for Sanna, though... I just predict Momocat to be the overall winner. :wink:
As for Christian Forss... I am warned, thank you. I just choose to ignore the whole thing. I feel much more happy and comfortable if I tell myself it won't happen. Because: 1) he has no song, 2) the guy can't even stand up properly while singing. It just won't do. [-(
On est sur la terre
pour se laisser faire

TobSon
Baaritiskillä
Baaritiskillä
Viesti:

Andorra!

Today I listened to Andorra's entries in RTVA's homepage. We may not have to book rooms for Andorra la Vella in May 2006, but I have heard much worse. In Finnish finals, for instance... :roll: Lend them an ear and tell us what you think? Does Andorra rock?
dj:
On est sur la terre
pour se laisser faire

Timoteus
Viinuri
Viinuri
Viesti:

:shock:

Honestly, Finland DOES have better songs than Andorra. I'm also positive that the Finnish performances in average are better than what Mrs. van de Wal can provide. Admittedly I haven't heard any of her live performances but considering she scored a narrower victory over the Bis a Bis girls in the performer selection than Marta a year earlier and Marta's performance in Istanbul... erhm, I'll rather not comment on that. Also I've understood Mrs. van de Wal doesn't speak Catalan fluently yet but she has to sing in Catalan anyway. Some time earlier Andorran TV's website even had a picture of her on stage with a microphone and... a note or lyrics sheet! :lol:

OK, OK, I'll give her a chance but I don't think Andorra will much better from last year...

TobSon
Baaritiskillä
Baaritiskillä
Viesti:

:wink:
The average Finnish song is better, yes. But there have been some real disasters in Finnish finals too... :D
And there is no excuse why Andorran finals look nicer than Finnish... :wink:
But hey! I wish them the best. I doubt very much they will have much impact, but it's nice to have them present... (Italy, are you listening?) 0_6_4:
On est sur la terre
pour se laisser faire

TobSon
Baaritiskillä
Baaritiskillä
Viesti:

How silly of me!

I have been living here for so long and still I got all the Finns wrong. I thought Finland wanted success in the Eurovision. How could I be so wrong? Instead, the Finns can't quite handle that Norway has more last places in the contest than they have, so they speed to normalise that situation, and who could be more bound to get nul points in Kiev than Christian Forss? Well, possibly Kimmo Kouri...
:bluegrab:
Roll over Finland.
And to reply to the discussion above... Andorra, 12 points...
:blowingup:
On est sur la terre
pour se laisser faire

TobSon
Baaritiskillä
Baaritiskillä
Viesti:

Momocat

Yeah, right.
Somebody should have told dear old Momo that smoking pot before being interviewed on Finnish tv is a top way of not getting voted for. :roll:
And that lovely girl who just know two words in Finnish... "Hyvä biisi, hyvä biisi, hyvä biisi, hyvä biisi..." :-({|=
It's nice to know that even I could be interviewed in Finnish and do better...
:wink:
On est sur la terre
pour se laisser faire

eepu4
Kanta-asiakas
Kanta-asiakas

Viesti Kirjoittaja eepu4 »

I´m sorry for all those who liked that Momocat was best.
Even i myself thougth it is best,until i saw them in the stage.
But i can see why it didn´t get voted.
You can be bad also with not so "finnish" entry.
I´m sure somebody will do their song better but it will be
someone else than Momocat.
Why not Kimmo Kouri if finnish people want it.
In finland we cant have MF like in Sweden.
We can do it on our own way,and maybe it´s not swedish way.
jos todella rakastat rakkautta sanot
rakastavasi rakkaudella
niin silloin rakkaus rakastaa
niin silloin rakkaus rakastaa rakastaa sinuakin

Lukittu